Art School Seeks Part-Time Administrator
April, 2021. The Art School of Columbia County (ASCC) seeks a Nonprofit Administrator to develop new programs, expand our vision, research and oversee grants and other funding sources, and advance our community outreach. This dynamic and self-motivated individual will be responsible for overseeing programs, recording revenue from classes and grants, and ensuring bottom-line fiscal accountability. The ideal candidate is an accomplished manager and fundraiser with a passion for the visual arts, experience working for a nonprofit organization, and deep connections with local institutions.
The mission of ASCC is to nurture learning, creativity and community through the visual arts. ASCC offers classes and other activities for both beginning students and established artists of all ages. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located in the hamlet of Harlemville in Upstate New York. Our mission includes a strong community outreach component, in collaboration with local libraries and schools, designed to bring art to people of all ages into the community.
The Administrator is charged with developing and implementing visual arts classes and art-related experiences including art shows, talks by artists and fund raising events, such as our annual frame and art supply sale. Excellent communication, social media and interpersonal skills are required.
We are looking for an individual to work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to plan and execute programs, to generate, cultivate and steward donors and to set annual fundraising goals. This individual will also work with the Board Treasurer to oversee the budget, and will share responsibility with the Board in resolving facility-related issues.
Specific duties include:
- providing administrative oversight for all programs
- working with faculty to develop a variety of appealing visual arts classes
- managing communications with members, prospective students and donors
- researching, completing and administering grants and grant report
- promoting and coordinating exhibits and fundraising events
- engaging the community and partnering with other organizations
- handling all class registrations and annual memberships
- drafting, printing and executing all membership and fundraising letters
- updating and maintaining the website and other social media
- establishing and overseeing a network of volunteers
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quickbooks Online and familiarity with website editing is a plus.
ASCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is part-time, with flexible hours. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the Search Committee Chair at using the word “Position” in the subject line, or by mail to Cathy Farrell, P.O. Box 431, Kinderhook, NY 12106. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 14, 2021.