Giving back by Volunteering at ASCC:
ASCC’s volunteers are a critical part of allowing us to present our rich and diverse programming. Projects include getting ready for exhibits, assistance in preparing kits and supplies for our children’s programs, assistance with mailings and publicity, setting up for special events, and welcoming guests to our exhibits and receptions.
We’d love to work with you! Please contact us if you can assist with any (or several) of the following:
January 2017: drop-off for calendars from 2016 to use in our “Art & Memories” programcompleted! February 2017: packaging take-home art kits for our middle-school community read program – 1-3 hours total projectcompleted! February/March 2017: help sorting and packing seeds we’ve collected for our “Help Plant the Seeds of Creativity” Seed Sale- 1-3 hours per sessioncompleted! March 26, April 9, April 23, 2017: helping set up and greet people for our ARTalks receptions (Sunday afternoons 2-4 pm) – 2 hours per ARTalkcompleted!
- March-May 2017: Preparing art supplies and packing art kits for our spring & summer Art in the Library programs in schools & community libraries – 1-3 hours per session
- May 2017: Spring Student-Faculty Art Show — hanging and prep work on Thursday May 18 and Friday May 19. We can also use help setting up for our silent auction, etc. 1-3 hours
- May 20, 2017 (5-7 pm): greeting visitors to our Student-Faculty Art show – 2 hours
- July 30, 2017: 9 am – 4 pm – greet visitors at our table at the Blueberry Festival and let people know about all of our programs at ASCC – (1-3 hour shifts)
- Posters and class brochure distribution: late February, late April, early August, and late October. We have a list of places we post and distribute brochures in the Chatham, Kinderhook/Valatie, Hillsdale, and Hudson area. For example, stopping in various locations in Hudson up and down Warren Street is about a 1 1/2 hour walk (great way to work in errands and a bit of walking!).
- August 2017: help organize, measure, and price frames and art supplies donations for our upcoming Frame & Canvas Sale
- September 8: 5-7 pm – help set up and greet visitors to our Frame & Canvas Sale Preview Party
- September 9: 9 am – 5 pm help greet visitors and guide them to purchase art supplies at our Frame & Canvas Sale (1-3 hour shifts)
- Year-round: about 1-3 hours per project. Communications assistance – getting our newsletters and gallery reception invitations ready for mailing
- Year-round: about 10-15 hours of assistance total: helping organize our art reference library. Can be broken into shorter sessions.
- Year-round: Board service. We seek motived, service-oriented individuals who would like to ensure art is part of our community. Serving as an ASCC Board member is a great way to be connected to a dynamic group of volunteers whose governance of ASCC ensures our organization serves the needs of our community. Serving on ASCC’s Board is an excellent opportunity to enhance your community connections in the arts, build the public service portion of your resume, and give back to our community. ASCC’s Board meets 6 times a year and Board service includes some additional committee meetings and fundraising.
- Assistance with our children’s programs and work with the elderly is open to highly-dedicated volunteers who are committed to participating in training, undergoing a background check, and make a commitment to volunteer for a series of programs over a season (i.e. 3-6 programs in the spring, summer or fall).
Please contact us for a listing of additional needs we have or let us develop a volunteer program together: .
With our thanks: ASCC volunteers who accrue volunteer time will be part of our Volunteer Gratitude Program, and receive special invitations to preview art receptions and complimentary ticket(s) to our Frame & Canvas Sale Preview Party.