Transform representational images into abstract works while learning about the history of abstraction. For all levels.
Immerse yourself in the process of moving from representational art into abstraction. Together, we will explore steps to achieve the transformation and a bit of the history behind this artistic process. A great class for beginners or those wanting to innovate their artistic process. No experience necessary.
Level/age: all levels/age 18 and up
- small set of soft pastels
- small newsprint or drawing pad (suggested size 9 x 12″)
- pencil for preliminary sketches.
Images: “Landscape” and “Abstracted Landscape” by Maj Kalfus, courtesy of the artist.
Student feedback on Maj as a teacher:
- “Maj made us all feel like artists — she helped us to see that everything we do is art. Loved this course!”
- “Maj is such an expert teacher.”
- Appreciated the “instruction & encouragement”
- “Very organized – we got through all exercises with lots of discussion.”
Want to learn more? Read our interview with Maj.