Explore the possibilities of line with a variety of drawing media.
A wonderful class for beginners, or those who want to see their own art in a new way.
Level/age: all levels/age 18 and up
Supplies: Please note a supplies fee of $7 per student is payable to your instructor on the day of class (cash or check).
- Small bottle of Black india ink (Higgins is a good brand)
- 9 x 12″ or 11 x 14″ pad of smooth paper such as Bristol or smooth Paris paper for pens.
- [Watercolor paper optional]
- One fine and one large (pointed) watercolor brush (Sumi-e brush if you have one.)
- One pen set that includes 1-2 penholders and several sizes of nibs…fine (crow quill) medium and wide
- We suggest wearing casual clothing when working with ink (aprons available at the art school)
Image: Collage by Maj Kalfus, courtesy of the artist.
Student feedback on Maj as a teacher:
- “Maj made us all feel like artists — she helped us to see that everything we do is art. Loved this course!”
- “Maj is such an expert teacher.”
- Appreciated the “instruction & encouragement”
- “Very organized – we got through all exercises with lots of discussion.”
Want to learn more? Read our interview with Maj.
Image: “Ostrich” ink with brush, by Maj Kalfus, courtesy of the artist.