An excellent class if you’re new to drawing, want to loosen up your style, or want to brush up your skills in a warm, supportive, and non-judgmental atmosphere. Be inspired and learn the fundamentals of drawing with pencil and charcoal. This class begins our exploration of all the basics of drawing – learning from observation and how to break that down into easy, do-able steps. Learn shapes, shading, perspective, proportion and composition working from still life set ups and individual objects.
- Strathmore or Canson drawing pad. 12×18 or 18×24
- Woodless graphite pencils – H,HB,2B,4B, etc
- Sets available on Amazon by Koh I Noor, Staedtler, etc
- Soft vine charcoal
- Kneaded gum eraser
Level/age: open to all levels with some basic drawing experience/ age 15 and up
Student feedback on Tim Ebneth as an instructor:
- “Tim is always prepared with examples of his work, books to illustrate different ideas and a great attitude & humor – Fantastic“
- “exceeded my expectations!”
- “very well organized and prepared”
- “course forced me to step outside of my comfort levels…with great results”
- “Tim is a great instructor and artist!”
- “loved “[Tim’s] upbeat personality”
- “went beyond” expectations
- valued “just trying new things”
- “very well prepared & gave us handouts.”
- “always pushing our limits in a good way”
- “I was inspired”
- “I have taken just about everything here & this class ranks at the top. Tim’s energy and enthusiasm is contagious.”
Learn more about Tim’s teaching style in our interview with him.
image: “Untitled #2″ 8/5″ x 11” ink & graphite on paper by Tim Ebneth, courtesy of the artist.