Artists age 18 and up living or working in within a 100 mile radius of Ghent NY, are invited to apply to ASCC’s juried regional show exploring the theme of Migration, Movement, and Memory.
Works will be selected for artistic merit and how they explore and relate to the selected theme.
Selected artists may be chosen to participate in ASCC’s annual ARTalks series, featuring a guided panel discussion and reception. Work in the exhibit will be viewed as part of an educational program on Saturday, April 14, “Slow Art Day,” an international day held to promote mindfulness and deep engagement with art in museums and educational institutions. An artists’ reception is April 14 from 5- 7 pm. The reception is free and open to the public and refreshments are served.
The jury panel includes Rachel Fainter, Gallery Manager at Jack Shainman Gallery | The School (Kinderhook NY), Kathryn Kosto, Executive Director of ASCC, and Anna Thompson, Curator, Columbia County Historical Society (Kinderhook NY).
Deadline for entries is 11:59 pm February 15, 2018 (also postmark deadline).
- Notification of accepted artworks: March 1
- Drop-off of accepted artwork: Thursday March 8 9 am – 5 pm (preferred) or limited appointments available on Saturday March 10. If accepted, work must be hand delivered to and picked-up from ASCC. We are unable to accept shipped works or courier services which leave packing materials behind. Video installations must set-up and demonstrate work and provide written instructional sheet to ASCC staff.
- Reception: Saturday April 14 5-7 pm. All refreshments provided.
- Additional receptions for viewing work Sundays April 8 and 22 as part of ARTalks series.
- Pick-up: Thursday May 10 9 am – 6 pm or Saturday May 12 12- 4 pm
Application is free to current ASCC members and $8 for non-members. Joining as an ASCC member provides an opportunity for 2 additional exhibits a year.
Work may be for sale: 70% to the artist, 30% to ASCC. NFS permitted, but no POR please.
- All applicants: first submit application fee via this page, join as a member, or submit indicating you are a current member.
- Email up to 5 works only as JPGS to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line Juried Show 2018. 3-D work may submit one additional view of a submitted artwork. Video applicants: link to up to 5 works online.
- Include in the email up to 200 words stating how the body of submitted work relates to the theme of Migration, Movement and Memory.
- Attach your artist’s CV/resume
- Save/title all images as: artist first initial, last name and number: e.g. Jane Smith = jsmith_1.jpg, jsmith_2.jpg, etc.
- Images must be no larger than 1200 pixels on the largest side and at no less than 75 dpi (300 dpi recommended). The file size may not exceed 5MB.
- Within the body of the email, include for each work submitted the following details:
- Number of submission (e.g. 1-5)
- Year completed
By US Mail: print 8 x 10″ images of up to 5 works for consideration plus additional requested information to ASCC, 1198 Rt 21 C, Ghent NY 12075.
Please note that all accepted works must be stable, and framed/mounted and wired for wall hanging. 3-D work must provide a plain white or off-white pedestal for viewing. Video installation must provide their own equipment for viewing (no online access onsite at ASCC). Please visit ASCC or call us for more information about our gallery spaces. In accordance with best curatorial practices, ASCC Board members and staff will not apply for consideration.