College/Graduate Student Internship Program – 40+ hours with stipend
As a non-profit community organization dedicated to art education for all ages, the Art School of Columbia County welcomes applications for Interns or Arts Administration Trainees year-round. Successful applicants will participate in a custom-designed program to help further their educational and career goals.
- Internships/Trainee positions are normally 10 weeks at approximately 4 hours/week to make 40 hours and are open to those 18 and up.
- Internships are open to students currently enrolled in a college or graduate program or who will be attending a college or graduate program.
- Arts Administration Trainee positions are open to those who wish to pursue a career in arts administration – you do not have to be enrolled in an academic program, but some educational, volunteer, or employment background in the arts is preferred.
- Interns or Trainees must provide own transportation, and are expected to attend all sessions of the agreed-upon schedule.
- Stipends and benefits are provided upon completion of the program.
- All Interns or Trainees will have a background check and adhere to ASCC’s policies for volunteer conduct.
- Internships/Trainee positions do not imply an offer of employment at ASCC.
To apply, please:
- Write a cover letter stating your interest in applying for an Internship or Trainee position and why you feel you are a good fit for ASCC’s mission and vision. Please include your availability date range (e.g. May 15-August 15).
- Include your CV/resume with relevant experience.
- Provide 2 references (teachers, professors, previous employers, or community members) with their title and contact information.
- Email all information to email@example.com subject line: Internship/Trainee OR mail via US mail.
- Successful candidates will have an in-person interview at ASCC prior to an offer of an Internship or Arts Administration Traineeship being made.
High School Internship Program – 16+ hours
For ages 16-18. Applicants should please email a letter indicating their interest and background, and will meet for an in-person interview. Interns must have own rides or transportation, be 16 and over by the start of the program, and commit to a minimum of 16 hours over a summer or semester to assist with preparing art supplies, preparing for art events, and assisting with art programs in our community. If interested, please contact Kathryn Kosto, Executive Director at . No stipend is available for this program.
Deadline: rolling. For summer internship programs, please contact ASCC by July 1.
Volunteering: individuals who seek a less structured program are encouraged to learn more about Volunteering at ASCC.