College/Graduate Student Internship Program – 40-120+ hours with stipend
As a non-profit community organization dedicated to art education for all ages, the Art School of Columbia County welcomes applications for Interns year-round. Successful applicants will participate in a custom-designed program to help further their educational and career goals.
January 30, 2019 for Winter/Spring Internships.
April 20, 2019 for Summer Internships.
July 1, 2019 for Fall 2019 Internships.
- Availability on Thursdays and Saturdays (mostly days, and a few evenings).
- Spring and fall internship positions are normally 5-10 weeks at approximately 4-8 hours/week to make 40 hours. Positions are open to those 18 and up. Stipend available.
- Summer internship positions (May-August) may be up to 120 hours, at approximately 8-16 hours a week. Stipend available.
- Internships are open to students currently enrolled in a college or graduate program or who will be attending a college or graduate program.
- Some educational, volunteer, or employment background in the arts is preferred.
- Interns must provide own transportation, and are expected to attend all sessions of the agreed-upon schedule.
- Stipends and benefits are provided upon completion of the program.
- All Interns will have a background check and adhere to ASCC’s policies for volunteer conduct.
- Internships positions do not imply an offer of employment at ASCC.
To apply, please:
- Write a cover letter stating your interest in applying for an Internship position and why you feel you are a good fit for ASCC’s mission and vision. Please include your availability date range (e.g. Feb 15- May 15, days you are available, etc.).
- Include your CV/resume with relevant experience.
- Provide 2 references (teachers, professors, previous employers, or community members) with their title and contact information.
- Email all information to subject line: Internship Position OR mail via US mail.
- Successful candidates will have an in-person interview at ASCC prior to an offer of an Internship or Arts Administration Traineeship being made.
High School Internship Program – 16+ hours
For ages 16-18. Applicants should please email a letter indicating their interest and background, include 2 names, titles, and phone numbers or emails of someone not related to you who can speak to your working style (teachers, coaches, etc.). Applicants will meet for an in-person interview. Interns must have own rides or transportation, be 16 and over by the start of the program, and commit to a minimum of 16 hours over a summer or semester to assist with preparing art supplies, preparing for art events, and assisting with art programs in our community. If interested, please contact Kathryn Kosto, Executive Director at artschoolofcolumbiacounty@gmai
Deadline: rolling. For summer internship programs, please contact ASCC by July 1.
Volunteering: individuals who seek a less structured program are encouraged to learn more about Volunteering at ASCC.