College/Graduate Student Internship Program – 40-120+ hours with stipend
As a non-profit community organization dedicated to art education for all ages, the Art School of Columbia County welcomes applications for Interns year-round. Successful applicants will participate in a custom-designed program to help further their educational and career goals.
January 30, 2019 for Winter/Spring Internships.
April 20, 2019 for Summer Internships.
July 1, 2019 for Fall 2019 Internships.
- Availability on Thursdays and Saturdays (mostly days, and a few evenings).
- Spring and fall internship positions are normally 5-10 weeks at approximately 4-8 hours/week to make 40 hours. Positions are open to those 18 and up. Stipend available.
- Summer internship positions (May-August) may be up to 120 hours, at approximately 8-16 hours a week. Stipend available.
- Internships are open to students currently enrolled in a college or graduate program or who will be attending a college or graduate program.
- Some educational, volunteer, or employment background in the arts is preferred.
- Interns must provide own transportation, and are expected to attend all sessions of the agreed-upon schedule.
- Stipends and benefits are provided upon completion of the program.
- All Interns will have a background check and adhere to ASCC’s policies for volunteer conduct.
- Internships positions do not imply an offer of employment at ASCC.
To apply, please:
- Write a cover letter stating your interest in applying for an Internship position and why you feel you are a good fit for ASCC’s mission and vision. Please include your availability date range (e.g. Feb 15- May 15, days you are available, etc.).
- Include your CV/resume with relevant experience.
- Provide 2 references (teachers, professors, previous employers, or community members) with their title and contact information.
- Email all information to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Internship Position OR mail via US mail.
- Successful candidates will have an in-person interview at ASCC prior to an offer of an Internship or Arts Administration Traineeship being made.
High School Internship Program – 16+ hours
For ages 16-18. Applicants should please email a letter indicating their interest and background, include 2 names, titles, and phone numbers or emails of someone not related to you who can speak to your working style (teachers, coaches, etc.). Applicants will meet for an in-person interview. Interns must have own rides or transportation, be 16 and over by the start of the program, and commit to a minimum of 16 hours over a summer or semester to assist with preparing art supplies, preparing for art events, and assisting with art programs in our community. If interested, please contact Kathryn Kosto, Executive Director at . No stipend is available for this program.
Deadline: rolling. For summer internship programs, please contact ASCC by July 1.
Volunteering: individuals who seek a less structured program are encouraged to learn more about Volunteering at ASCC.