What does ASCC offer for Artists?
Art classes – we offer classes year-round in a welcoming, non-judgmental environment with some of the most talented and accomplished faculty in our region. You may choose whatever course of study, for as long or as short a period as you’d like.
Make it affordable:
- We offer an early-registration discount each semester (10% off of tuition).
- Join as an ASCC member (Art Supporter level and above) for a discount – ask for the code.
- Our scholarship program makes our classes affordable to all – up to 90% of tuition is covered.
- Wondering where to start? Join us for One Hour Art (only $15 – all supplies included) or Art for Everyone.
- Supplies: contact us for suggestions on places for affordable art supplies in our region. We also offer our annual Frame, Canvas & Art Supplies Sale the first Saturday after Labor Day (early September) with hundreds of high-quality, like-new easels, frames, brushes, artists paints, and more.
Portfolio Review: If you’d like a personal session to discuss your art, please join us for a personal Portfolio Review – share your work (if you wish) and learn more about our classes at ASCC and explore what might be the next steps for your artistic development. The nominal fee comes off your tuition if you enroll. And this program is free for ages 15-23.
Exhibit your art!
- Join as an ASCC member for 2 members’ shows (showing 2 works – up to 15″ square) each year, plus free application to our annual juried show (no size limit)
- Join us for our Plein Air Paint Out and Pop-up Sale – open to ASCC members only – Sept 8.
- All enrolled students may exhibit one work in our semi-annual student faculty art show (Winter + Spring semesters exhibit in May; Summer + Fall semesters exhibit in November)
Find community: join us at receptions, ARTalks discussions, and other events. You’ll meet fellow artists and those who are just as passionate about art as you are.
Teach: learn more about joining our teaching faculty here.